Identify personality differences that will enable you to use your strengths and be aware of your weaknesses during work
Develop and demonstrate proper communication skills with peers and supervisors via the ACCT model. Able to deliver bad news to the bosses via the USS method
Develop effective systems to manage yourself such as recharging your batteries, managing stress, handing objections, influencing others and reaching KPI’s
See the impact a positive attitude can have on one’s life in achieving their personal and performance management goals
Knowing yourself and Others
- Identify your strengths and motivations and those of others around you;
- Develop effectiveness of contributions to group project work
- How to manage conflicts in the workplace. Often times a difference can arise simply because miscommunication.
Time Management – Managing Yourself
- Defining your ‘time robbers’
- Using the 4-Quadrant Time Management System
- Prioritising your task in line with KPI’s
- How we are judged?
- Maintaining a positive attitude
- Using ethics on the job
- How to set SMART goals?
Communicating with peers and supervisors
- Spend a little extra time on our communications so that we don’t have to re-do things leading to better relationships with the people you work with.
- Communicate effectively during interactions sessions with senior staff
- Present your point of view or propose new ideas during a management meeting
- Verbal vs. Non-verbal communication
- Communicating with team, peers, and superiors (networking) via ACCT
- Handling conflict with others via SLAC
- Delivering bad news via USS
Communicating Bad News
Saying ‘no’ to the boss is an art. Many of us can’t say ‘no’; which causes more stress and problems later when we are unable to deliver what we promised.
Communicating on the Job – Written
Reports should be concise and factual. Opinions are given in the “conclusions” section. However, these opinions should be based on facts presented in the “findings”.
Top Down/Bottom Up Approach
To improve the ability of participants to be disciplined in developing higher level insights when drafting a report or document
Focus on your Performance
How will you be Judged?
Achieving performance targets that are measurable indicators that can be systematically tracked to assess progress made in achieving predetermined goals
When you don’t Perform?
How do we mitigate the situation when we underperform?